Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Crochet Baby Converse!


This pattern is not my own but it some crochet inspiration: enjoy!

Crocheted Baby Converse!

Remember this sneak peek a couple of weeks ago?

Well, here is the full reveal!  :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this awesome {FREE} crocheted baby Converse pattern by Suzanne Resaul over at Ravelry!
(You can tell which was my first shoe ever since my black stripes weren't as even then...I learned as I went along.  :)



I've had a LOT of fun lately crocheting baby shoes for my many pregnant friends.  :)

I love all the bright colors you can make.


I love that it can be for boys
paired up with the football baby cocoon for a newborn boy gift!

or girls.
nothing says girlie-girl like pink & purple Converse with flowers in the background!

I love that the pattern is FREE and adorable and so, so tiny!!!  Small things are always cuter.  :)  I seriously smile, and even giggle a little to myself with glee, when I look at these.  Especially when they weren't finished yet:
Don't they just make YOU smile?  :)

I will say, I struggled to follow the directions (maybe it was just me), so no two shoes are exactly alike.  (That just adds to the handmade charm, right? :)  Also, the beginning is a little challenging as you start since it's all so tight, but by the end it's MUCH easier.  AND, I didn't have the hooks she said to have, so I used .25 mm smaller for each...which works out since they are BABY shoes!  (Maybe sometime I'll try to adapt the pattern to MY SIZE feet...I could use some cool house slippers. :)  The first shoe took me 6-7 hours from start to finish as I tried to figure out what she meant in each step, but by the end, after I figured it out, it only took me 2 1/2-3 hours for each shoe.  So if you're a crocheter, give them a shot!  

No comments:

Post a Comment